This conference will take place face-to-face (Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay - Pierre Fauchard, Colon 658 e/General Diaz y Victor Haedo - Asunción) and remotely (the access link will be sent to registrants by email the day before the event) .
Development and Advancement of Systemic and Strategic Psychotherapy in Paraguay
We will present a summary of the advances and developments of the systemic and strategic model in Paraguay in recent years, and its application in the clinical, organizational and educational context. A summer that integrates the systemic perspective in working with families, children and parents and applying the protocols of the Brief Strategic Approach to the Paraguayan population. In addition, we will give an overview of the reactions of Paraguayan colleagues regarding postgraduate university courses, leaving behind old paradigms and traditional therapies to acquire a new way of thinking and solving the problems of today's society.
The speakers and their conference
Franca Estela LA CARRUBBA ABBATE
Academic degree in systemic and strategic psychotherapy.
The Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay (UAP) Pierre Fouchard is not only one of the few universities to have a postgraduate degree in systemic psychotherapy, but also the first university in Paraguay to integrate a postgraduate degree in systemic psychotherapy and strategic. The course, which started in 2021, is designed as a practical and in-depth continuation of the career of a psychologist.
Graduated as a clinical psychologist, she obtained the Master in Community Psychology from the Catholic University "Nuestra Señora de la Asunción" (Paraguay). In addition, she obtained a postgraduate degree in: "Psychodiagnosis and Special Education" (Columbia University, Asunción); "Neuropsycholinguistics" (Columbia University, Asunción); “Mental Health in Political Violence and Disasters” (Grupo de Acciòn Comunitaria, Spain); "Investigation Methodology" (Universidad Americana, Asunción); "University Didactics" (Universidad Americana, Asunción).
▪ She is the dean of the faculty of behavioral sciences of the "Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay, Pierre Fouchard", since 2011. Within this same university, she is the main professor of the courses of: "Psychodiagnostic techniques" in the “Clinical and Health Psychology” specialization and in the “Department of Neuropsychology”; "Psychometry and projective techniques"; "Forensic psychological assessment" in the specialization "Forensic and forensic psychology".
▪ She is also a license thesis advisor at the Faculty of "Behavioral Sciences" (Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay) and "Postgraduate Coordinator" in the specialization of "Clinical and Health Psychology", and in various postgraduate degrees cycle.
▪ She works as a clinical psychologist.
▪ She was the president of the: "Paraguayan Society of Suicidology" (from 2012 to 2020); "Paraguayan Society of Psychology" (from 2015 to 2022).
▪ She is a member of: “Global Suicidology Network”; "Latin American Union of Psychology” (ULAPSI); "National Council of Publishing Consultants, Professional Category of the Psychology Research Journal "Eureka".
Andrea VALLEJOS MONLEZUN
Model of subsystems in systemic family therapy with children
The subsystems model is a methodology for working with children and their families. It is an integration and synthesis of brief psychotherapies focused on problem solving (Palo Alto) and structural family psychotherapy created by Salvador Minuchin. This methodology proposes to define: specifically the problems, the attempted solutions and specifically what the child, his parents and/or his siblings want to achieve.
▪ Clinical Psychologist, Systemic Family Therapist (SAF with Lic. Raúl Stelatto), and Magister in Neuropsychology (Universidad Católica Nuestra Señora de la Asunción-UC), she obtained the Postgraduate Diploma in Neurolinguistic Programming (PNL) in Buenos Aires - Argentina with the Lic. Mariana Chrem.
▪ She is a university professor at UC and Columbia University Paraguay and trainer in systemic family therapy with children (Sistemica Familiar Niños).
▪ She wrote the book (2019) “Children. Notes of a Therapist.
Systemic family therapy in the universities of Paraguay. Clinical practice experience with students
Implementation of clinical practice with psychology students of the last two years of their career from the framework of systemic family therapy. The experience is described from the opening of clinics for clinical practice using the systemic model, as well as the Gesell chamber and/or the closed circuit with the accompaniment of a teacher trained in the systemic school.
▪ He graduated in Clinical Psychology from the Catholic University "Nuestra Señora de la Asunción" (Paraguay) and completed the master's degree in Neurolinguistic Programming (PNL). He also completed the Postgraduate Diploma of Systemic Family Therapist from FAS - Support and Training Service with Lic. Raul Stelatto.
▪ He works as a university professor for the National University of Asunción (UNA), the National University of Villarrica (UNVES), the University of the Southern Cone (UCSA), Columbia University of Paraguay and the University Autonomous Region of Paraguay (UAP).
▪ He is also a consultant to the "National Agency for Evaluation and Accreditation of Higher Education" (ANEAES) for the development of quality criteria for the evaluation and accreditation for the diploma in psychology.
Maria Leticia DÍAZ MALLORQUIN
The origins of Brief Strategic Therapy in Paraguay: results of effectiveness and efficiency in the application of the BST model with patients who suffer from anxiety and its variants; the introduction of the strategic spirit in the training of Paraguayan psychologists.
We will follow the historical journey of the arrival of Brief Strategic Psychotherapy in Paraguay in three temporal dimensions: the origins; the current state of the art in training colleagues; and what are the next steps that need to be taken to achieve future goals. In addition, the discussion will focus on the application of the protocols of brief strategic psychotherapy and the systemic model to combat anxiety and its variants in Paraguayan patients, residing in the country or abroad, and belonging to different socio-economic status.
▪ She is a clinical and organizational psychologist graduated from the Catholic University "Nuestra Señora de la Asunción" (Paraguay) and obtained the Postgraduate Specialization Diploma in Brief Strategic Psychotherapy from the CTS (Centre for Brief Strategic Therapy, Arezzo). She also obtained the post-graduate diploma of: Systemic family therapist with the SAF - Assistance and training service with Lic. Raul Stelatto; Brief strategic coaching and problem solving and training of trainers from the CTS (Brief Strategic Therapy Center, Arezzo); Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP).
▪ She works as a Brief Strategic Clinical Psychologist. She leads the degree, as a university professor and thesis advisor, in Systemic and Strategic Psychotherapy (Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay, Pierré Fouchard in the faculty of "Behavioral Sciences"). In addition, in collaboration with the CTS (Center of Brief Strategic Therapy, Arezzo), she is the coordinator of the Postgraduate Specialization in Brief Strategic Psychotherapy for South America. She is also responsible for the Academic Headquarters in Strategic Brief Psychotherapy for Paraguay.
▪ She also works as a Brief Strategic Coach and senior consultant for major organizations.
How to treat autism within the framework of brief strategic psychotherapy: a new protocol.
Introduction to a new protocol, from the perspective of strategic and systemic brief psychotherapy, to treat autistic patients and support their families.
- How to treat, reduce or eliminate repetitive and stereotyped behaviors?
- How to deal with aggressive behavior
- How to develop new resources and autonomy in people with autism
▪ He obtained the degree of Doctor of Psychology in Brief Strategic Psychotherapy from the CTS (Centre for Brief Strategic Therapy, Arezzo) and completed the Master and License in Psychology at the University of Florence. He also obtained the post-graduate course in "Masters of Psychotherapy" from the Milton H. Erickson Foundation (Arizona, USA) and took the course "Rhetoric: The Art of Persuasive Writing and Public Speaking". in public from EdX for Business".
▪ He works as a brief strategic psychotherapist. He directs the degree, as a university professor and thesis advisor, in Systemic and Strategic Psychotherapy (Universidad Autonoma del Paraguay, Pierré Fouchard in the faculty of "Behavioral Sciences"). In addition, he collaborated as an external consultant for the ASL (local health department) within the framework of the SPES project.